ASPEX is a set of programs for performing multipoint exclusion mapping of affected sibling pair data for discrete traits.There are five main analysis programs: sib_ibd, sib_phase, sib_map, sib_tdt, and sib_kin.
- sib_ibd performs exclusion mapping for data sets with typed parents, and makes no inferences about missing data.
- sib_phase performs exclusion mapping using allele frequencies to reconstruct missing information, and is tailored for data sets with missing parents, but additional typed children that can be used to reconstruct and phase the parents.
- sib_map is for multipoint marker distance estimation from sib pair data.
- sib_tdt is for transmission disequilibrium testing.
- sib_kin is for verifying the degree of relatedness of individuals within a family.
David Hinds, firstname.lastname@example.org
:: MORE INFORMATION
Genet Epidemiol. 1999;17 Suppl 1:S187-91.
Sib-pair analysis of the collaborative study on the genetics of alcoholism data set.
Jorgenson E, Hinds D, Risch N.