Align-m is an accurate and highly versatile multiple alignment program. It consists of 3 modules, S2P, P2P and P2M (see figure, manual), which can be used separately or consecutively to accomplish several tasks
– Multiple sequence alignment
– Include extra information to guide the sequence alignment
– Multiple structure alignment
– Homology modeling by (iteratively) combining sequence and structure alignment data
– ‘Filtering’ of Blast or other pairwise alignments
– Combining many alignments into 1 consensus
– Multiple genome alignment (can cope with rearrangements)
- Windows/ Linux
:: MORE INFORMATION
Van Walle I, Lasters I, Wyns L.
Align-m–a new algorithm for multiple alignment of highly divergent sequences.
Bioinformatics. 2004 Jun 12;20(9):1428-35. Epub 2004 Feb 12.